Monday, March 9, 2009

What, Pregnant?

After going through the in-vitro process to get our last child (Will), we were told we wouldn't be able to have any other children naturally. Well, it turns out that wasn't quite correct.

Because of several complications, we've been keeping things pretty quite and waiting to see if everything is ok. At the 12-week doctor visit today, the sonogram revealed everything appears to be ok and on track. I'm still taking several medications and being monitored closely, but I'm hopeful everything is ok so far. We're still a little bit in shock. Ok, maybe a lot in shock. And drum roll, the preliminary indication on gender is . . .


. . . it's still too early to know. We'll have to get back to you on that one. As you can see, it's pretty much impossible not to let the cat out of the bag.


And in other news, Matthew had his first Pinewood Derby last month. Since Kirk is still pretty inexperienced in the whole ultra competitive car making process, we were all happy with a solid showing. As the picture below demonstrates, Matthew actually participated in the making of the car.

Matthew and the Wolf Den.



Matthew took 2nd place in the Wolf Den. We're already strategizing on how to improve for next year. Ok, maybe not. I've reminded Kirk he's got at least 8 more cars (depending on the gender of Baby 4) to get this right.







27 comments:

Tristan said...

Congrats on #4! What a great surprise. I hope you are feeling okay.

Jaynan said...

We never would have guessed! We're thrilled for you and wish you all the best!

wadeanderin said...

You look great, of course! Glad the sono looked good!

mandy said...

Congrats!!! You look great!

Natalie said...

How exciting for your family!!! Hope you are feeling well. Suzanne is pregnant too due the end of Sept. Maybe my mom is up in heaven sending them down 2 by 2. You look darling with your little bump! take care of yourself.

Natalie said...

Oh, also, our ward only does the pine ward derby once every three years. They rotate through the pinewood derby, raingutter regatta, and the rocket so that you don't have to make one each year. I am so glad I don't have to make a car every year. Kirk should be a pro if he ends up making that many!!

Jane said...

As always, you look great! Glad the sonogram looks good too! Congrats!!!!!!!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

The sono looks greta! Yeah! Just take it easy!!!! Kirk and Mattew did great on the car! One down way to many to go :)!

Debbie said...

What great news and what a blessing. Hope you feel well throughout the pregnancy. Can't wait to hear on the gender. I'm guessing...girl.

Fun times with Pinewood Derby too. Matthew looks so happy with his car.

Aim said...

I'm so glad that cat's finally out of the bag! You look great, as always! Congratulations to your family and also to Matthew on his showing at the pinewood derby! Love you guys!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! You look so cute.

Palmer Family said...

We are so excited for you. I have a feeling that you will get your girl. :)

Jamie said...

congrats ashley! i'm so excited for you guys! and remember that my offer still stands, i'd love to watch will anytime...sadie would LOVE it! we need to do the park again sometime soon.

Paige said...

I'm just sure number four is a girl! We shall see huh! Ashley, I am so thrilled for you guys. Life is so exciting with many twists and turns. I LOVE this surprise! =D

The Hall Family said...

NO WAY!!? Serious!? How awesome! I hope it's perfectly healthy... and maybe that it's a girl too :)!!!! We are so excited for you guys!

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

ASHLEY NO WAY!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!! i am so excited for you!!! keep us posted on how things go. yay for #4! :) what a great blessing!

AndersenFamily said...

I love that we are having out babies at the same time, again! I am so glad to see that someone else is showing early too! You look great. Hope you are feeling good too.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! The Risk family sends our congrats and we hope you join our world of four BOYS! Okay, well, maybe a little girl would be a delight but I wouldn't know :-) We are so happy for you! And good job on your first of MANY pinewood derbies! If you want to know any secrets, give us a call. We're done---12 cars later LOL Best wishes y'all! We love you---
Lynnette, Todd, and the Boys xoxoxo

Taralee said...

We're so thrilled for you! You guys deserve this after everything you've been through. We hope and pray that everything will continue to go well and we'll be anxious to get updates.

Anita Robbins said...

It's wonderful that your pregnant!

Jill said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Take care of yourself.

Emily said...

Okay...I just sent out my shocker blog post to then see yours as well. Crazy that we'd be pregnant at the same time. Who would have ever thought with what we've both been through!! I am so happy for you and you look great!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations to you & your family! I hope things go well. I keep my fingers crossed for a girl, but remember a boy would leave you in the role of "queen" of your castle ;) Matthew looks like he had a blast at the Pinewood Derby.

Brenda Chela said...

Congrats Ashley! That is sooooo awesome!
I'm excited that I found your blog on here. I have one too. Good way to keep in touch. Now we just have to convince Sally to start blogging..haha

Allison said...

Congratulations Ashley!! That's awesome. Four kids is a good time. And you're looking beautiful, as always. :)

Allison Bair

L said...

Oh Ashley, Congratulations. I'm so happy for you and hope you're feeling well. Keep us posted on the gender, due date etc.

Lisa Hogan

Willardson Family said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats!!