Monday, March 30, 2009

Will's Bears

My friend Aimee and I painted a couple of murals in Will's room. I got the idea from the book "I Love All of You." Will is a big fan of his bears and frogs. He loves to show any guest to his room all of the features.






Last Friday, Kirk took a day off work for Spring Break and we spent the day at the Dallas Arboretum. They've built a bunch of storybook playhouses for the kids to play on. Each playhouse is based on a different popular children's book. The boys really loved exploring each one.

Treasure Island

Peter Pan

Eragon
More Peter Pan

Thumbelina

The Lorax

Will was a big fan of the water pump


This is what Will thought about the big boys singing at the table. Kirk and I had to draw straws to see who got to clean him up.

17 comments:

Taralee said...

Adorable! I wish you could come do our walls. What a lucky boy Will is.

Jamie said...

wow, will's room looks so great! and i have really been wanting to take sadie to the dallas arboretum. i've never been. looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night...i'm not sure i'm going to finish the book, but i'm still going to come!

The Hall Family said...

Cute! I didn't know you did murals! I just looked at your website... too cute!

Jaynan said...

Those bears and frogs are so cute. I think this is my favorite so far!
The arboretum looks like a fun place. What a good idea to bring their books to life!

Natalie said...

Will fits right in with his outfit on... I bet his room looks darling. Hope you are feeling well!

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

wow! his room looks amazing! great job as always! that little will is just the cutest thing! :) how are you doing?

Palmer Family said...

You are so talented! It looks so cute!

mandy said...

I love the mural (you and Aimee are so talented) and Will showing it off!

Debbie said...

Will's room is so adorable. You guys are so talented!

Sounds like a fun time at the Arboretum. Christina and I are planning to go soon.

AndersenFamily said...

I love the murals! I should hire you to come decorate our walls. I talked to your mom the other day, I guess we are just about a week a part. Are you guys coming out for the summer?

Emily said...

I love the murals - you guys did awesome!! Hope you are feeling good as well.

Aim said...

The picture with Will in it is my favorite, I'm so glad that he likes his room. I also need to make sure not to sing around Will--I had no idea he was so picky!

Jane said...

Love the murals! You and Aimee are so talented. I'm glad the boys had fun at the arboretum. It is such a beautiful place.

Melanie said...

Wow! The finished room looks awesome. I'm glad you had a fun family day for Spring Break. Let's get the boys together again soon.

Jodi said...

How do you do that? I can barely draw stick figures. The mural looks awesome! I wish you lived closer so you could paint my boys' rooms.

Hope you guys have a good Easter if I don't talk to you sooner.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

Love the murals! You are amazingly talented! So cute!

The Hall Family said...

Ashley! I went to see Dr. Cohen today! He is WONDERFUL! We will call you soon! I wanted to call you today, but we were so busy (the appointment took almost 5 hours) and I'm not feeling well :(