Monday, May 4, 2009

The New Baby's Going to Be a . . .

. . . Boy #4. At the last check-up everything looked right on track. We're happy that thus far the baby's healthy and everything looks in order. I guess that's what we do is boys and I am getting more used to the idea of another boy. I guess I wouldn't know what to do with a girl but I am feeling so out numbered!!

It's taken me forever to get some Easter pictures posted. Life's been a little crazy around here. Palmer had an egg drop at school. Here's the evidence -- the egg didn't break.

Will had his very own Easter egg hunt while the big boys were in school. Once he realized there was "caney" in those eggs, he was a big fan of the egg hunt -- even if he had to raid the other childrens' baskets.

The 1-3 year old crowd egg hunt. They're all geared up to go. Looks like Will's getting a bit of a head start.

Grandma and Grandpa came to celebrate Easter and stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge with Matthew and Palmer for a night. The GWL has a huge indoor water park that was a big hit. Here's Palmer hitting the lazy river.

Matthew's a great big brother on the slide with Will.

The GWL has a huge MagiQuest game throughout the hotel where the kids run around on treasure hunts with their wands. It's a great way to occupy the kids and tire them out -- up and down seven flights of stairs. Kirk can attest that it tires the big people out too.

Matthew and Grandpa getting another quest.

We took Grandma and Grandpa to the local renaissance fair -- Scarborough Faire. Capes, swords, wands, armor, staffs, jousting, magic shows, knife throwing, jesters, falconry, and turtle races. What's not to like for an 8 and 6 year old? Even Will thought it was pretty great -- particularly the neigh neighs (horses during the jousting). Kirk and I were fascinated by all of the adults playing dress up. We're not sure we will be able to bring the boys when they get a little older and wonder about the "wench" wear.

Will, daddy, Matthew, and Palmer learning some midevial magic.

The sorcerers. Capes, swords, wands, and all.

16 comments:

Jaynan said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby! Ultrasounds are always so reassuring! I'm sure your three boys will be glad not to have any of that "Grilly" stuff around (as Logan calls it at our house).

It looks like Easter was a lot of fun for you all too. I'd love to go to THAT water park!

I just found out that my neighbor grew up with your family in her ward... Heather Chapman (now Roberts). Small world!

Jodi said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm glad the baby is healthy and that you are both doing well.

Natalie said...

Congrats! I can't believe it..another boy. Those boys will be the best of friends.

No, we are not out of school...yet. They just won't let any adults into the school. A neighboring school is closed for a week though. How long are you out for?

I've heard lot's of fun things about the GWL. We'll have to come try it out.

Palmer Family said...

Congrats on another boy! It looks like you guys had a fun Easter!

Emily said...

I'm glad the baby is healthy and doing good. Another boy huh?? At least you have plenty of experience with boys and have all the stuff for another one. Congrats!!

Jamie said...

i spy myself in one of your pictures!

the great wolf lodge looks like tons of fun! maybe we will have to check it out someday when sadie is a bit older.

AndersenFamily said...

I love that you are having another boy! I am definitely hoping for a boy this time too. How fun to have Grandma and Grandpa come, nothing beats that!

The Hall Family said...

You are going to be absolutely SURROUNDED by men now Ashley!!! Guess you'll have to talk to Jean Drysdale! She had to wait until she had daughters-in-law, and she sure loves those girls! She says it was much easier than having to raise them as teenagers! Glad that all is going well! We've been to see Dr. Cohen - wonderful man! I'll have to update you on a more private venue!!! Congratulations on the boy news!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the fun news - baby boy #4. Isn't the Renaissance Festival fun? We went last year. I'd like to try it again - if there's time this year. We still haven't made it over to Great Wolf Lodge yet. I love those indoor waterpark resorts. You guys have sure had some fun lately!

Jane said...

So glad things are going well with your pregnancy.

Looks like your family has had tons of fun. We haven't been to Great Wolf Lodge but hope to get there sometime.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

You are so good at boys! We just need to do girl trips together! We love the GWL! How fun your boys got to spend time with their grandparents!

Paige said...

There can NEVER be too many Rasmussen boys in this world!

Melanie said...

Just think, you get to retain your spot as "Queen of the Castle"! Congratulations!

Allison said...

Congratulations, guys! Your boys are so cute. I bet they are so excited to have another brother.

L said...

Congratulations on the 4th boy! I'm so happy for you...especially on the father's and son's weekend every year.

Hope you're feeling well!
Lisa Hogan

Jill said...

well since you do boy so well, they just keep coming! Congrats! Boys are full of energy as I am finding out with Cameron. He is now into everything and I know as he starts walking it will only get worse. So wish me luck!